I haven’t ever posted any of the memes, quizzes, etc., in my journal. But this one has brought out so many interesting facts about my friends list folks, and has given me a lot of food for thought…
I’d love to talk with folks who’ve done any of these – I know for a fact that there are probably one or two of you who will have done a couple of these things, or something similar.
1. Petted a vicuna.
2. Bought alpaca wool from a fishmonger in a Peruvian market.
3. Ate potatoes baked on a dung-burning stove. With clay sauce.
4. Raised a calleta moth from eggs.
5. Made organzine from scratch, and wove with it.
6. Lived in Base Housing on an Air Force base as part of a long-term (MMF) threesome. (And got the AF to give me Special Powers!) Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
7. Met a handsome young man at a friend’s party, went for drinks, brought him home, screwed his brains out… and then drew a portrait of him sleeping.
8. Two-stepped with a porn star. (and you KNOW better than to click on that at work…)
9. Done a Tarot reading in a lucid dream.
10. Translated from Deutsche Althandschrift. That’s not the letter from my great-great-grandfather’s sister, but it looks just like it.
I’ve petted a guanaco. They are slightly larger cousins of vicunas. http://www.llama.co.uk/guanaco.htm
How cool! We didn’t get to see any guanacos – heard about them, but just didn’t see any.
Well, I guess I kind of cheated. They were at one of the zoos I worked at. So I also fed, cleaned up after, and enriched them. But one would come up and nuzzle my neck (then try to eat my hair).
That sounds like such a cool job.
I remember watching a zookeeper coming into a llama pen (we were there *right* at the end of the day, like the last visitors trickling out) and the baby llama kept butting up under her arm – she said it was trying to nurse.
Baby camelids are SO CUTE!
Nope, you got me on these. Have done nothing remotely similar. :b
I managed #7 once but alas, I no longer have the picture (it was a very long time ago).
That’s an impressive list. I really like this meme.
Sie sprechen Deutsche?
Ja… Deutsch war mein Nebenfach an der Uni. Aber Ich habe kein Deutsch gesprochen seit veile Jahre… kann fast nichts verstehen!
So schnell Sie vergessen.
By the way…I’ve been spinning silk caps lately, and plan weaving with it soon. I’m really enjoying it.
Wow, the drawing is incredible. Is there anything you can’t do?
Honestly, I just live in awe of you. 🙂